Samson et Dalila - Paris, France - November, 2016 (Digital Video or Audio)
- Anita Rachvelishvili - Dalila
- Aleksandrs Antonenko - Samson
- Egils Silins - Le Grand-Prêtre Dagon
- Nicolas Testé - Abimélech
- Frederic Guieu - Un vieil hébreu
- John Bernard - Messager philistin
- Damiano Michieletto - Director
- Philippe Jordan - Conductor
Conducted by Philippe Jordan, this new production of Saint-Saën’s searing opera, based on a violent and erotic bible story, brings back a repertoire masterpiece that has not been performed at the Paris Opera for twenty-five years.
Lightning streaks through the skies as Dalila declares her love to Samson in one of the finest arias of romantic opera. “My heart awakens to your voice like a flower to the kiss of dawn.” An enchanting yet treacherous beauty… When the thunder at last rumbles, Dalila betrays Samson and offers him up to his enemies: “Come up, for this time he has shown me all his heart”, she whispers to them in the night (The Old Testament, Book of Judges).
Ever sensational as a femme fatale, Anita Rachvelishvili will play the murderous Delila to Alexandrs Antonenko's Samson in this new production by the always innovative Damiano Michieletto.